Congratulations! You’re now a Tech Lead? But what are you supposed to do differently than when you were just a software engineer? Many companies do not prepare people for the transition into a new role, that demands new skills. In this course, we will explore the definition of a Tech Lead, understand the different skills required to be an effective Tech Lead and learn some tools that you can immediately apply in your own team.
This course focuses on technical leadership skills through discussion, theory, and practical exercises.
Attendees will leave the workshop with an understanding of:
- A better understanding of what the Tech Lead role is
- Why the Tech Lead role is necessary
- What makes the Tech Lead unique from other leadership roles
- Tools that make a Tech Lead more effective
- What a Technical Vision is and how to shepherd a team towards a Technical Vision
- Why cross-functional requirements matter
- How to identify and manage cross-functional requirements
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at Tech Leads, Lead Developers, or Senior Software Engineers about to or already leading a development team.
Workshop Schedule overview
Hopes & Concerns
Exploring Technical Leadership
Technical Leadership Models
Cross-Functional Requirements & Tech Vision
Exploring ProcessHopes & Concerns Recap