Why write for LeadDev?
Become a LeadDev author
Share your story and ideas
We are a safe, welcoming space that wants all voices of the engineering leadership community to be heard. Whether it is your first-ever or your 50th article, we want to champion your ideas.
If you are thinking about writing an article for us, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Thought leadership content
- Personal experiences with key takeaways for our community
- Case studies or projects you’ve worked on that have made a difference
- Lessons learned from your own career journey
- Demystifying a complex role or piece of engineering jargon - whether that’s a team or a project, a collaborative process or a niche job title. If it will inform our audience, we’d love to hear from you!
We publish content on the topics of:
- Teams (anything related to people management, inclusive & diverse environments, hiring & retention, challenging issues etc.)
- Tech (anything related to new languages, frameworks & technologies, trends & changes, scaling, architecture etc.)
- Process (anything related to how your team works, Agile & other delivery methods, maintaining a high-performing team etc.)
- Personal Development (anything related to improving leadership skills, maintaining your mental health, adapting to a new role etc.)
- Senior individual contributors (anything related to demystifying the role of ICs, career ladder frameworks, improving development processes and practices, providing value to the business, levelling up system performance, cross-team collaboration, increasing your sphere of influence etc.)
Who will you be writing for?
Senior software engineers; from developers and tech leads, to engineering managers and senior individual contributors.
They are consistently technical (across a broad range of technologies and industries). It is also worth noting that some readers have recently been promoted or are trying to figure out what skills they need to progress to their next role.
What does LeadDev offer?
If we choose your article for publication, we’ll offer all the support we can in creating your article. Once you send in your article, you’ll work closely with our editorial team to get your article ready for publication.
We also pay an honorarium of $250 to everyone who writes an article for our site.
Questions about the process
If you have any further questions before you submit, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
Sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of the page for engineering leadership content, event announcements, and Call for Proposals updates.