Are you looking to join a rocketship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well-being? Do you love partnering with and leading teams, obsessing over the customer experience, and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading...
Peloton is looking for a Director of Engineering - Ecommerce Web Content that will help scale Peloton's $1+ billion ecommerce channel. This leader will be responsible for growing an expert team and executing the roadmap of innovative features by partnering with your peers in product management, design, marketing, member support, and international teams. You should have a passion for the web, ecommerce, technical and operational excellence, and relentlessly championing best practices in a continuously evolving and dynamic environment.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model for the company by building a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of engineering managers and staff engineers for professional development
- Align our technology with the goals of the business and strategic objectives
- Define and deliver the technical roadmap for multiple quarters to a year
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and Marketing in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap initiatives.
- Manage and identify organizational-wide risk, dependencies and remove blockers when needed
- Drive continuous improvement using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- Deliver top of funnel, engagement, and personalization features that drive higher purchase intent and improve conversion
- Evangelize and advocate for technical and operational excellence
- Establish technical KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your teams and impact on acquisition metrics
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of common design patterns and industry best practices.
- Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
- Build the toolset and platform required to accelerate experimentation, optimize for performance, and enable faster rollout of marketing landing pages with minimal development impact
- Build for scale: Deliver on a roadmap that balances feature development with long-term scaling
- Obsess over customers: partner with product management to leverage market research, user research, data analysis, and user testing that informs product requirements to build the most intuitive, highly performant, simple, and engaging ecommerce web experience for our members
- Build strong relationships with vendors, negotiate hard on contracts, and keep the vendors accountable based on their SLA commitments
- 10+ years of experience in building highly scalable software products and platforms
- 5+ years managing and leading engineering teams
- Proven experience with modern front-end web technologies, architectures, and building high performant user-friendly experiences on the web.
- Subject matter expertise in e-commerce
- Strong understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles
- Strong project management skills with the ability to scope and assess the risk of large development and testing efforts that span multiple teams and organizations in a high-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong diverse talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive, and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data-driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity
Bonus Points If You
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, design patterns, user interface design, agile development, design sprints or whatever topic you are passionate about
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community
- Contribute to open-source projects or have a hobby project you can demonstrate
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]