At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process.The mission of the Data Platform team is to democratize data and provide a cost-efficient, observable and reliable data platform that empowers and enables decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3) optimize for data productivity.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team to build out core data systems and tools that serve as the building blocks of our data platform. As a part of the Data Platform team, you will be working across a wide range of problems in the data ingestion, data compute, data transport, data orchestration, data interoperability and data privacy areas.
- Be working on one or more workstreams under Data Platform viz. Change Data Capture, Data Compute Frameworks, Data Modeling, Schemas & Serialization, Data Pipelining & Orchestration, Data Storage, Data Transport & Interoperability, Developer Portal, Data Lake Standards, Data Access & Control.
- Be an enabler and force multiplier to improve data productivity by building out self-service data systems, services and tools.
- Work with decentralized teams enabling them to create data pipelines and publish golden datasets.
- Write technical specifications and efficient, high quality, well-tested code.
- You have 2+ years of experience in engineering, especially in data infrastructure and data engineering
- You have experience in a cloud environment like AWS and familiarity with tools like Airflow, Glue, Athena.
- You have experience with Python or Scala and experience working on large distributed systems and frameworks like Spark/ Flink.
- You are passionate and willing to learn about event-driven architecture, microservices , data reliability, data privacy and quality.
- You are pragmatic without compromising on software quality and standards.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]