About the role
This is a fast paced and varied role which has a big, direct impact on the day-to-day running of LeadDev’s content platform. At LeadDev, we produce content (at events and digitally) to help software engineering leaders become more effective in their roles and build happy, inclusive, and high-performing teams. LeadDev started back in 2015 with our first event in London, expanding to New York, Berlin, and San Francisco in recent years. We’ve since evolved into a publisher, and we release daily articles, weekly live broadcasts, and content on LeadDev.com.
You’ll work closely with the Senior Executive and Production and Editorial teams to support the delivery of all of the content we produce. In particular, you will be the main point of contact with all of our speakers and writers. You will also be needed to support our Event Manager in the running of our virtual events. This role will be varied and exciting across the operations team and will require flexibility and a willingness to learn new things, quickly!
This is a full-time position with a salary of £23,000-£25,000 per annum. The role is remote within the United Kingdom, with monthly team meetings at our London base once it's safe to travel and meet in person.
You'll find more about LeadDev and what it's like working in the team at LeadDev.com/careers.
Manager : Head of Operations
Direct reports: N/A
- Relevant experience gained through a previous role or internship/placement is essential
- Customer service experience is essential
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Administration and/or coordination experience desirable
The remit of this role is to support the operations side of the LeadDev content platform, exercising exceptional attention to detail and an ability to multitask. This role is heavily people facing, having daily contact with external contributors who work with us and will be expected to represent our brand reputation at all times.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and working closely with production and editorial teams, the Programme Event Executive plays an important part in delivering high quality content and excellence in our collaborations with contributors.
- Assuming responsibility for gathering the online content for publication deadlines
- Gathering contributor details for the website
- Creating briefs for panelists and moderators for webinars
- Responsible for managing general communication with all contributors
- Main point of contact for external contributors
- Processing payments for contributors in a timely manner
- Plans and delivers all weekly broadcasts on our broadcast platform
- Adding articles or other content onto the website
- Adding contributor details onto the website
- Using design software (Canva) to create artwork and image treatments
- Preparing updates for weekly project meetings
- Communicating effectively with the project team when there are road blocks for publication
- Setting timelines within the project plan for all content to keep the project team on track
- Ensuring that all contributors have a LeadDev experience in their dealings with us
- Ensuring that panelists and moderators for webinars have ‘WOW’ factor experience
- Providing excellent online support to speakers and partners before, during and after broadcasts
- Monitoring webinars to ensure a high quality output every time i.e. speaker set ups, production values etc
- Upholding high production values throughout all digital event delivery
Skills & Knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task quickly and efficiently
- Highly organized with strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills
- Effective independent worker and team player
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Must be able to build strong rapport and relationships with external contributors
- Customer service focused
- Computer and numerical literacy
How to apply
Please send Megan an email with your CV and why you would love this job to [email protected] We’ll contact all applicants within two weeks of the deadline.
Deadline: 30 June.