We’re super excited to be bringing a sub-editor into the content team at LeadDev. At LeadDev, we produce content to help software engineering leaders become more effective in their roles and build happy, inclusive, and high-performing teams. LeadDev started back in 2015 with our first event in London, and we’ve since expanded to New York, Berlin, Austin, and San Francisco.
We’ve since evolved into a publisher, and we release daily articles, weekly live broadcasts, and other content on LeadDev.com. We work with the brightest authors in software engineering from companies like Netflix, Deliveroo, Spotify, Stripe, Buzzfeed, The New York Times, and Etsy; and in the past few months, we’ve created content campaigns for companies like Twitter, PepsiCo, Target, Shopify, Peloton, and Skyscanner.
As a sub-editor at LeadDev, you’ll be editing our the articles produced by our awesome community members. You’ll be pivotal in the finessing of our content, working closely with some of the most exciting people in software engineering to develop useful, insightful content. You’ll also have the opportunity to write for our website.
You’ll work with the content and editorial teams, as well as working closely with our sponsorship, marketing, and operations teams.
You can find more about LeadDev and what it's like working in the team at leaddev.com/careers.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected].
About the role
The remit of this role is to edit the content that will be released by LeadDev and to build relationships with our authors and sponsors. Reporting to the Senior Commissioning Editor and working closely with the production, marketing, and ops teams, the Sub-Editor plays an integral part of delivering the high quality content for which LeadDev is known.
This is a full-time position with a salary of £24,000–28,000 per annum, depending on experience. The role is remote within the United Kingdom, with regular team meetings at our London base once it's safe to travel and meet in person.
- Strong writer and editor
- Experience in an editorial role a plus but not essential
- Editing articles from community authors and sponsors
- Editing articles by other members of the content team
- Writing short-form articles for sponsored and non-sponsored content
- Uploading finished articles into the editorial CMS
- Ad hoc web edits and web CMS management
- Working with authors to ensure content is ready for sign-off
- Joining calls with authors to help steer them on content and craft
- Providing feedback to authors on completed work
- Ad hoc feedback to prospective authors on CFP submissions
Marketing and Microcopy
- Writing microcopy for edited articles
- Writing summary copy for webinars and other video content
- Writing social posts across multiple channels for all content pieces
- Ad hoc writing of generic content for LeadDev’s website
- Assigning categories, topics, and tags to all content pieces
- Working with wider team to identify necessary new categorisation options
Tone of Voice
- Guarding LeadDev’s tone of voice across all written touchpoints
- Beginning to affect LeadDev’s editorial standards
- Educating LeadDev team on tone of voice and writing best practices
Strategy and Process
- Ad hoc contributions to content strategy for LeadDev’s content offering
- Ad hoc participation and presentation in content meetings
- Documenting new content creation processes
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability over personal remit
- Strong editing and writing ability across different touchpoints
- Highly organized with strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task quickly and efficiently with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
How to apply
To apply, send your CV to [email protected] as soon as you can!