About the role
We’re super excited to be bringing another two members into the sales team at LeadDev. At LeadDev, we produce content (at events and digitally) to help software engineering leaders become more effective in their roles and build happy, inclusive, and high-performing teams. LeadDev started back in 2015 with our first event in London, expanding to New York, Berlin, and San Francisco in recent years.
We’ve since evolved into a publisher, and we release daily articles, weekly live broadcasts, and content on LeadDev.com. We work with the biggest names in software engineering from companies like Twitter, Slack, Spotify, and Netflix and in the past few months, we’ve created content campaigns for companies like PepsiCo, Target, Shopify, Peloton, and Skyscanner.
As a business development manager at LeadDev, you’ll have the opportunity to sell all of our products, working with organisations to create impactful, multi-channel packages to help them reach their marketing goals. You’ll be pivotal in the growth of LeadDev, bringing in new business to significantly contribute to the high-growth targets of a small business.
You’ll be part of a team who are continually encouraged to share their ideas that can directly impact the future of LeadDev. You’ll work alongside incredible colleagues who support each other to be the best we can be and who have achieved amazing things over the past 12 months which we are excited to see develop.
This is a full-time position. The role is remote within the United Kingdom, with monthly team meetings at our London base once it's safe to travel and meet in person.
You'll find more about LeadDev and what it's like working in the team at LeadDev.com/careers.
Manager: Head of Business Development
Direct reports: N/A
- 3+ years experience in a sales role
- Successful track record delivering sales campaigns to (or exceeding) target
- Digital marketing sales experience preferable
- Experience, success and a replicable approach to building relationships with multiple stakeholders in client organisations
- Experience of developing new revenue streams through creative content, multichannel advertising and events would be desirable
- Proven and recent experience in consistently selling into large client organisations
The remit of this role is to generate and develop sponsorship and partnership sales revenue in line with personal targets with new organisations on an international basis. Selling marketing solutions including branded content, digital products and in-person events, we are seeking applicants that have a strong background in innovative B2B marketing solution sales, who can educate and inspire clients that need to communicate with the engineering leadership community.
- Hit or exceed agreed revenue targets for campaigns across the WOE portfolio
- Research, identify and close new business
- Maximize revenue generation from new sponsors
- Build strong and reputable relationships with key decision-makers
- Create bespoke sponsorship packages with multichannel marketing solutions that fit the requirements of clients and the product
- To delight clients with a service which is focused on client outcomes in line with business goals
- To convince clients to invest in new and innovative ways of engaging our global and regional audiences
- Build a deep understanding of the sell side/client needs to help create and contribute ideas and initiatives for new product, content and marketing opportunities
- Arrange and conduct client meetings consistently
Market Research, Planning and Positioning
- Keeping abreast of market developments and a clear understanding of trends and new technologies which can maximize the commercial opportunities within current LeadDev products and support the development of future products
- Develop sales plan KPIs, milestone targets and timelines in collaboration with the Head of Business Development
- Works closely with the wider team to deliver campaigns
- Deliver accurate reporting, forecasting and campaign management
- Compose value propositions for each LeadDev product
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified leads
- Maintain meticulous activity records in Salesforce
- Produce post campaign reports
- Keep track of sponsorship activation cost and business development spend
Leadership and Relationship Management
- Provide support to others in the team to help ensure individual, team and company targets are met, and KPIs are attained
- Foster a positive, motivational and results-driven environment
- Lead by example in taking ownership of personal targets, and not only attaining but exceeding those targets
- Forge strong relationships with internal business functions including Production, Operations and Marketing.
- Work in collaboration with marketing in the creation and activation of sponsorship packages which include content and marketing benefits
- Work in close collaboration with the production team in the creation of sponsorship packages specific to the clients goals whilst inline with the values of LeadDev and needs of our audience.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure that we continually deliver a ‘wow factor’ experience for sponsors and partners.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the operations team are fully briefed on confirmed sponsorships and that all agreed benefits are delivered
Skills & Knowledge
- Experienced consultative sales professional with a proven ability to deliver considered and articulate proposals based on client briefs
- Demonstrates effective B2B sales techniques applying an insight led sales approach
- Recent success in selling event sponsorship and/or digital media solutions
- Ability to generate leads from multiple streams including prospecting on the phone, email and social media platforms
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen
- Confident at working and negotiating with senior-level decision-makers and influencers
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly, logically and persuasively
- Goal orientated; takes ownership of targets and numbers
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges and respond accordingly
- Highly articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage with exceptional planning, prioritizing and time management skills
- Effective independent worker and team player
- Demonstrates drive, determination and an appetite for success and progression
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached to [email protected]. We’ll contact all applicants within two weeks of the deadline.
Deadline: 14 June.