We believe that knowledge is for everyone and that the industry gets better by being more representative.
We also know that times are hard, and financially that can make it really difficult for some folks and organisations to attend conferences.
For this reason, we set aside a number of free tickets as part of our scholarship scheme to make our conferences and online events more open and accessible.
The scheme is open for all to apply to, and chosen applicants will receive the following:
- Free ticket to their nearest conference and all other activities (e.g. happy hour and the meetup)
- A small amount of expenses to cover incidentals during their trip
- Support with visa applications for conference attendance if needed
- Accommodation and travel expenses for some special cases
- Access to our community Slack group
- A conference guide (optional) to be a friendly face at the event, helping to make sure you get the most out of your LeadDev experience and there to introduce you to other members of our community.
The scheme aims to support individuals from marginalised groups in tech and those facing economic or social hardship, to have access to the best engineering leadership content and networking opportunities. Tickets will be awarded to people who can show that the knowledge gained will be useful for their ongoing career.
We will be reopening the application forms for our postponed 2020 conferences in early-mid 2021 so keep an eye on this page.
But in the meantime, if you have any questions about the scholarship scheme, please get in touch and we'd be happy to help.
Submissions will be assessed by the conference organising team and all applicants will be notified by email within four weeks of the closing date. Scholarship tickets can only be given in a limited number and the organisers’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.