Share your story and ideas
We are a safe, welcoming space that wants all voices of the engineering leadership community to be heard. Whether it is your first-ever live talk or your 50th, we want to champion your ideas.
If you have thought about giving a talk at a LeadDev conference or event, read on to see what we’re looking for.
What subject should you focus on?
Our four main themes for Lead Dev are:
- Team (anything related to people management, inclusive & diverse environments, hiring & retention, challenging issues etc.)
- Tech (anything related to new languages, frameworks & technologies, trends & changes, scaling, architecture etc.)
- Process (anything related to the way your team works, Agile & other delivery methods, maintaining a high-performing team etc.)
- Personal Development (anything related to improving leadership skills, maintaining your mental health, adapting to a new role etc.)
Who will you be speaking to?
Our audience comprises all senior engineering folk, from tech leads to VPs. They are consistently technical (across a very broad range of technologies and industries) with many line-managing people in their organisations. It’s also important to note that some attendees have just been promoted or are trying to figure out what skills they need to progress into a tech lead role.
Submit your proposal to speak at LeadDev 2023 and 2024 conferences
LeadDev West Coast
Submit your proposal to speak at LeadDev West Coast 2023.
Submit your proposal to speak at LeadDev Berlin 2023.
LeadDev New York
Submit your proposal to speak at LeadDev New York 2024.
StaffPlus New York
Submit your proposal to speak at StaffPlus New York 2024.
Speaking at a conference
What should a speaking proposal look like?
Each event date and location has its own submission form for calls for proposals so we can make sure talks are timely, relevant, and speak to each event audience effectively. We use Submittable forms to track and manage this process. You will be prompted to create an account before seeing each event proposal submission template which roughly includes your talk title, 300-word description, keywords, suitable formats and contact details.
What does LeadDev offer?
Working with speakers is one of our favourite things about running LeadDev. We love giving you the opportunity to share your stories and knowledge with our audience. As a speaker for the event, we'd also offer you:
- A free ticket to the conference
- A complimentary ticket to a LeadDev conference in 2023
- 3 nights accommodation at the conference hotel
- Economy travel expenses
- Expenses of up to $500
- Coverage of miscellaneous expenses
- Professional speaker coaching if requested
- Dedicated support from our team at all stages of your participation in the conference
Questions about the process
If you have any further questions before you submit, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
Sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of the page for engineering leadership content, event announcements, and Call for Proposals updates.